Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Spring Break: Museum Trip

I wanted so badly to get together with the Masners during Spring Break. It felt like we hadn't seen them in a really long time. However, with us leaving for Idaho on Thursday and me babysitting Emmitt Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, our schedules were quite crammed. Lydia had a play date with Shaylie set in place, but things got all mixed up and we had to cancel and reschedule and then that took another day away so we weren't going to be able to get together with the cousins. Then I just decided I would combine Lydia's play date with cousin play date (not my favorite, but it worked.) So Shaylie got to come along with us to the Treehouse Children's Museum in Ogden. It was super cold, but we braved a little quick lunch by the river before heading into the museum. We braved our way through crowds of children and still managed to have a crazy and wild good time. I definitely think my kids would have gotten much more out of all the activities had there not been SO MANY kids going crazy in there! They couldn't focus on what they were doing, instead they were just so distracted by what fun the activities, that other kids were doing, seemed.


My Handsome little Cowboy!
This was what he was most excited to see. The first and only thing he wanted to find was the horses (Even though, as you may see, he came to find much entertainment in other activities). 




Playing school. One of her favorites. 

having sushi and rice in the Mongolian house with Kate and Ethan

Enjoyed climbing and driving. Wouldn't dress the part.

Music Room 


Miles kept getting upset because he wanted to play the drums all by himself and other kids kept coming up and interrupting his song. 

Making kites. 

Remember that cute little orange-ish sweater Faith was wearing over her shoulders? She dropped it down the Train Smokestack....which apparently is quite the drop down....We had to fetch a few workers and a big pole with a hook rigged up on the end of it to fetch it out...Faith....always making things more interesting. 

"My Fweater...." 

Miles could have played with the castle and knight set probably all day long....for several days. He loved it. The armored horses and the knights with shields and swords, his idea of cool.

We didn't get to see as much of the Masners and I would have liked, but it was fun none the less. The kids kind of all just went off and did their own things, sometimes with a partner and sometimes alone, but I think they all had fun.

 These are some shots I snapped on my phone....Miles loves just sitting and playing. Actually playing with toys!


The kids thought it was so cool that we got to watch a movie in the car. I think that was Shaylie's favorite part about the trip ;) We stopped at Burger King on the way home and I had a very embarrassing "mommy moment". We walked in and I didn't realized that the Burger King was connected to a little quick mart type thing. So the kids went rushing off (to see if there was a play place I'm guessing....or just being themselves...) and next thing I know some lady comes marching in asking whose children are RUNNING WILD THROUGH HER STORE! EEeek! That would be mine! :) I hurried and finished ordering and ran to gather my, rightfully so, embarrassed children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment