Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Rachel's Wedding

Wedding Prep

We're all here! Becky and I came straight there after a FULL mucky day in the car.

It was rather frustrating trying to make plans with this bride! She is just so thoughtful that she didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or say no to anything, so she came across really inconsiderate of individuals because she was more concerned about impressing SO MANY others all at the same time. It's stressful getting married, I get it. Any way, we had originally planned to do dinner at 6:00 so that those who were traveling would have a little bit more time to get there and get settled and ready so that we could all enjoy a personal and intimate dinner together with the Bride's Maids,  sisters and mom(s). However, dinner was suddenly moved up to 4:00, we had to rush like crazy and still ended up being really late. We barely got to order food, let alone eat it, before everyone up and left! It was NOT personal, it was NOT intimate, it was NOT even yummy food, and it was NOT fun. I felt dirty and gross from driving all day and there at dinner was not just my sisters and their daughters, but a large dinner party consisting of many people who haven't seen me for a very long time, I would have liked to look more presentable. I think Rachel had some fun...maybe....and I guess that's what really mattered.  

The epic Bride lift pose that scraped up her elbow and brought out mean Bridezilla Rachel. 

This was the thing that I was looking forward to the most! We were all there together to celebrate our littlest sister tying the knot! It was so fun to see all my dear sisters and have the chance to talk and catch up on things and share advice and experience with Rachel.  

So cute! We had so much fun painting all the "littles'" toenails. We had all wedding colors to coordinate. 

I love this picture. All those beautiful girls with Rachel. I just think it's so cute! 

We took all those cute little girls upstairs to watch a movie, the boys came home and joined them. Then we had a small Bachelorette Party for Rachel. We started by having her go out onto the street and throw a glass plate on the ground. It is a German wedding tradition. The plate represents the marriage and posterity. The more pieces the plate breaks into, the more posterity and prosperity and good fortune the wedding will have. Rachel, fortunately, completely SHATTERED the thing! I messed up on my camera and thought I was recording the whole time until I looked down AFTER the whole thing and realize my memory card had filled up! :( But here's a picture of them cleaning up all the pieces. Rachel then opened her gifts and we all shared little pieces of advice for her marriage.

Nicolette was at work all morning doing the Bride's Maids hair, the Maid of Honor's hair, and the Bride's hair. She did so great. Lydia looked beautiful!

Wedding Celebration




Their cupcake cake. It was pretty (not very tasty...but really pretty!)

DANCING











The DJ's really did a good job and it was really fun. 


I am so proud of Rachel and Eric. They have kindled their love for a really long time and just refused to let it go. It is that same determination that will keep their marriage together and happy throughout time and eternity. They respect each other and adore one another and it is fun to see them grow into two individuals with one heart, mind and purpose. Their sealing was beautiful and I enjoyed watching my little sister give herself genuinely and whole heartedly to someone she cares about so much. I love Rachel so much. The way that she lightens up the mood and her unique courage to try new things are so refreshing and encouraging. She has such a way about her that always makes me laugh and I just wanted so badly for her to find someone who will let her embrace that fun-loving and happy, crazy personality. I hope that Eric does that. I hope that he encourages her spirit of adventure. I also see how they will be good for each other, both in encouraging each other to be their best, but also restraining each other in areas they are excessive. It's fun to see this silly little love infatuation turn into a real life endearing love. 
Good luck Eric and Rachel and we are all so happy and glad for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment