Sunday, October 4, 2015

Storytelling Festival 2015

Storytelling Festival

Lydia helped me make the decorations. 
Lydia wrote a story for fun one day and BEGGED me to go around the neighborhood and read it to the neighbors. She was just so proud of herself and her story. She kept pressing me and I was afraid she was just going to go start knocking on people's doors so I thought up an alternative that I thought could be really fun! And so it was! We made up invitations for all the neighborhood asking them to participate in a storytelling festival. They were to prepare a story to read or a poem to recite and we provided some refreshments. It was really, really fun! Everything turned out great! We had a good turn out, the kids all really enjoyed having a part to play and the adults got to visit and enjoy watching their youngins. :) Lydia told jokes and announced each performer. She loved it! 
The Klc kids all memorized little Shel Siverstein poems. It was perfect! Funny. Adorable. and Perfect.


Lydia read her story, which was all about her and Shaylie (kind of awkward with other kids in the neighborhood there...but oh well...hahaha)

I had made a variety of breads (covered with paper towels because bees were swarming...) Pumpkin chocolate chip bread, zucchini bread, banana bread, and poppyseed bread.

The participants included Shaylie and Kade Port, Isaac, Liam, Nia and Genevieve Selui, Danika Davis, and Nikki and Lukas Klc, and of course Lydia. She had two friends that were planning on coming as well, but got the days mixed up. :( All in all, I would say, I would do this again. It was successful and a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment