Monday, February 3, 2014

Snow Days 2014

After playing outside, we came in and put Miles and Faith down for naps and my little Lydia and I enjoyed a movie, a cup of hot chocolate and some popcorn! We watched Ice Age 2. I had never actually sat down to watch it all the way through and it was actually pretty funny! I enjoyed it very much cuddled up to my sweet little four year old! 

The view from my window was just so incredibly precious. One of those moments I will never forget; one where you have to stop and ask yourself how you were so blessed to be enjoying this beautiful moment...that this was really your life and not just something you had imagined, when you were younger, to have.
OH! I can't get over how adorable he was going out to play for the first time ever in the snow! He didn't move around a whole lot, he mostly stood in one place and ate the snow. The cold "icee" treat gave him quite a red nose! He calls the snow, "Note". And he can now say, "Told" for cold, so not everything is "hot" any more... :)

Lydia and Miles. I can't bring myself to spend a sum of money purchasing them snow boots that they are only going to wear maybe twice or if we were lucky three times and then grow out of them, so we have very limited snow attire. Miles's boots were a gift from a family in the ward that had just moved, they are a couple sizes too big, but they worked and Lydia's boots are her rain boots that are getting pretty snug, but they worked too. They enjoyed the snow for about as long as I wanted them to....five-ten minutes or so. :)

Their favorite thing to do in the snow is eat it. Lydia calls it "snow apples". 


This snow was so powdery we could hardly even form a snowball! So our hopes to build a snowman were quickly dashed. But we wrote Lydia's name in the snow and made a footprint snowman (not pictured...).

No comments:

Post a Comment