Monday, February 3, 2014

Each Morning the Sun Shines Through My Window

Morning time has been so all over the place this past year! I have struggled getting into a routine that works and so mornings have been kind of hectic...which is weird because we aren't even pressured to go any where...I am just NOT one that likes to lounge in my pajamas all day, even if I am going to be home all day, I can't stand it! So it's trying to figure out when to shower and get breakfast and get kids dressed and all that that I have been trying to find a happy routine that works for us, that will create the least amount of protest from children and least amount of frustration for Momma! Needless to say, I LOVE greeting these adorable faces every morning! I love sitting at the table with them at breakfast time knowing that I get to spend one more day with them! Watching them satisfy their hunger that has built over night and thank me for feeding them. Watching them discover the birds on the bird feeder outside in our tree, or the rain that's falling on the car and making puddles in the street, or the pink clouds in the sky as the sun comes up, just reminds me how blessed I am to be their mother! I must focus on being the mother that I want them to remember! There isn't a tomorrow or a "some" day I will read stories to them, or play with them, or make crafts with them or be a mom who teaches them kindly and patiently. That day is NOW for them! They are watching me and I grow more and more aware of that as Lydia gets older and asks me such profound questions and does things that I do and asks why I do them.
I certainly want the best for these little cuties and that means I need to be the best me I can be.



There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret-- or life is yours to miss.
No other road
No other way
No day but today

No comments:

Post a Comment