Saturday, February 8, 2014

It's the Little Moments

It always takes Lydia quite a bit of convincing to come and help me in the kitchen, but Miles requires none at all! He loves helping Mom and seeing what I'm doing. His common phrase, "I ahn see! I ahn see!" while pushing a chair or the stool over next to me. This is him sampling the chocolate peanut butter bars we made. He sat there licking the spatula and after just about every lick he went, "mmMMMmm, Nummy!" This boy melts my heart.

Chris has been working on refinishing this little table. The other night Miles was in there helping him and using the tools and things. It's just those sweet little moments that help me to see that life is so precious and reminds me to breathe a little.

Lydia and Miles were playing so cute together the other day, I just wanted to preserve the moment in my memory. This gift has been a well used one already!  Thank you Santa! Lydia is really starting to understand how to play with her little brother and sister recently and I love it. She is still constantly torturing them also, but she is a great helper and a very fun and loving big sister! Miles loves playing horses with her.


I was doing dishes in the kitchen and when I looked up through the window into the living room, I was just so touched at the sweet little scene before me! I love my job right now, taking care of these three little ones and their home. Lydia was playing so sweet with Faith and helping her roll over while Miles was just dancing around mastering some of his favorite dance moves.
I couldn't help but smile as I watched them from the other room.


No comments:

Post a Comment