 |
Faith Estell
January 24, 2014
6 Months |
My baby baby girl is six months today! She has really all of a sudden got chubby! :) Maybe that is due to the fact that I have completely stopped nursing officially, and I feel great actually! My body really just has a difficult time nursing and it was taking quite a toll on me. Any way...this isn't about me, this is about my dear little Faith girl! Oh I just love her. She is just a tender little soul, smiles at just about anything and lets you just snuggle up to her and doesn't push away. I just love it. She loves to be bounced to sleep, but this past week, she has been really good at just getting herself to sleep after I lay her down. She is one that just crashes any where and when ever if she is tired enough! It cracks me up. She has finally rolled over all on her own! I was beginning to get worried, but she did it and she is getting so strong. She stands with support now and she dislikes the bumbo seat very much; LOVES her bouncer, however! In fact, it is probably her favorite place. She loves it so much that instead of fussing to tell me she wants out when she is tired, she just smiles and plays and bounces herself right to sleep! (I will post pictures in a future post.)
I think she may be getting ready to cut some teeth soon and she has struggled with the turn over to more formula and even more so to the introduction of rice cereal. She has the fluffiest hair that I have ever seen on a baby and it is so funny that it's adorable!! :)
I just love her shy little giggle and her half grin. I always know when she is ready to sleep because she arches her back and reaches with her face in search of some cover. She just loves to bury her face into my arm or a blanket or her little elephant to go to sleep. She really has taken a liking to her little elephant Chris got for her when she was born. She lights up when you push the tummy to make it lights come on and play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
She's so cute and kicks her legs like crazy when I lay her down in her crib, almost like you do when the sheets are rather cold and so you kick your legs a couple of times to try and get comfy and warm. It's cute. She also razzes her lips so much! She gets some pretty good bubbles going and she is absolutely amused by it. I will enjoy these captures of her 6 month moments.
 |
| First taste of cereal and it seems to be pretty satisfying. |
 |
| "I'm holding up my own bottle pretty good (I still need some help sometimes)." |
 |
| "Sitting up may not be my greatest strength." |
 |
| "But I sure do have some long, fluffy locks!" |
 |
| "I can't believe it!" |
 |
| "Yep! This place is the best! The coolest trick I can do is shift my weight from side to side, like I'm dancing, Mom and Dad get a kick out of it!" |
 |
| "Wow, is Lydia so excited for me to grow!" |
 |
| "And so excited about taking care of me. She finally got permission to hold me while standing up and I think it's really fun! Lydia pretty much thinks I'm the coolest thing ever." |
 |
| "This is that elephant Mom was talking about." |
 |
| "And this is one reason I like it so much! I just love music!" |
 |
| "...there is something comforting about something soft in my mouth...blanket, Mom's shirt or arm, my elephant's nose...." |
"Watch what I can do!"
"If I just pull my arm back like this..."
"....and then lean my head..."
"...alllmmmmooost there..."
"....awe, my back. See!?"
 |
| "Peek-a-boo makes me giggle." |
I love looking at your blog! The posts were truly beautiful. I cannot wait to be home for Christmas next year! Faith is so cute, with her little fluffy duck hair! I love you all. I woke up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom and just didn't really want to go back to sleep...so I read your blog. Thank you!
ReplyDelete