 |
Our Memorial Day Barbecue! It was picture perfect, literally. Coke bottles in a bucket of ice, shrimp kabobs, and delicious steaks, watermelon + other fruit, corn on the cob and baked beans. yum! |
Memorial Day Weekend
We went to some friends' house for a barbecue on Saturday. It was a lot of fun to spend time with some friends and to get to know their little family a little bit better. Lydia and Natalie had a great time splashing in this little splash pad together.
Funny story: We did not bring Lydia's swimming suit because I figured she could just splash in her dress. She had a shirt on underneath her dress and some leggings on that I thought I could just take off if they pulled the splash pad out (we thought it might be too cold). Well, as soon as the little pad was filled with water, we see Lydia darting out from behind a bush toward the water, stark naked! Chris shouted at her to see what she was doing and where her clothes were and the poor girl was so embarrassed! I ran to help her. She had completely stripped behind the bush and was ready to go swimming in her birthday suit! I explained to her that we don't ever go out in front of people without clothes on. She was so confused because she wanted to play in the water and didn't see any other way because she didn't want to get her pretty dress all wet. I told her what the plan was and then she was okay with it and went on to have a great time splashing in her cute little summer dress. It was quite embarrassing for all of us though. Good laugh.


 |
| Ready. Set.... |
 |
| ......Jump! |
 |
| .....Splash! |
 |
| Cute little Natalie was the hardest person to get a picture of her face! |
 |
| Getting nice and cozy. I love this picture of her. |
No comments:
Post a Comment