Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Number 27


It is often said by those getting older that they cannot believe how they got to be so old and that they still feel as though they were 21....wellllll....now I know I am one of those people! :) I honestly don't know how I feel about continuing to get older. I find my face beginning to show signs of wrinkles and sagging and I'm pretty sure I found my first gray/white hair a couple of months ago! My bones ache when it's cold and I feel as though an elephant has been sitting on my chest all night when I wake up in the morning. If this is how it feels to be 27, then I really don't know how I'm going to handle the years ahead! :)
I had a wonderful birthday despite my age! :) ....(and I'm really not complaining about being 27, it's actually a great time to be alive and I love being a young mother and still have at least some energy to chase my little cuties around. It is just weird, getting older.) My sister took me out for an awesome lunch date! She hired a babysitter for our kids so we could have a carefree lunch together. It was great! We went to Panera and I had probably one of the best salads of my life! I can't remember what it's called but it had salmon in it and I have been craving it ever since. We then even had a little bit of time to stop and get some frozen yogurt at Zinga! It was perfect! Delicious. I've been craving that ever since too! I returned home and picked up the house so that when Chris got home we could go out for dinner. Mom and Dad were still very ill at this point and so they were pretty bummed not to celebrate with me, but they made me feel special by sending messages and giving cards from downstairs :). Chris took me to Romano's Macaroni Grill. I filled up entirely on the yummy yummy bread and olive oil they have there and then took the rest of my dinner home (which I was kind of bummed at how it heated up later, not so great...) Then Chris took me to Wegman's, a HUGE grocery store, and we gathered all sorts of exotic fruits and some traditional and some chocolate dipping sauce. We went home, put the kids in bed and had our birthday fruit bizarre. It was so much fun! We cut into several of the fruits to find such a surprise and some of their tastes were so unexpected. Of course the best for dipping was the strawberries and bananas.


Lydia and Chris's Birthday message for me on our Macoroni Grill table.

Two handsome fellas! Leaving Macaroni Grill. It was a beautiful night!

Lydia and Miles also had a blast at Wegman's.
Who needs Amusement Parks when you have car shopping carts!?


Totally didn't tell me I had chocolate on my nose! jerk.

Pineapple, Mango, Kiwi Berries, Cherimoya Melon, Peach, Dragon Fruit, Kumquats, Horned Melon, Strawberries, Banana, Passion Fruit (definitely the most flavorful and yummy, despite being the least attractive!), Pepino Melon

 Saturday morning I was able to convince Chris to go for a bike ride. He got the bikes all prepared and the jeep ready to go. We went to the trail at Prince William Forest Park and it was a beautiful, beautiful day for a bike ride! I made it a whole...mmmm..maybe quarter of a mile before I felt like I could have called it good for the day! hahaha. We went about a mile and then turned around which was good because about half way on the way back, my tire was really low (I guess a pregnant woman just shouldn't ride a bike...). I struggled the way back and by the time we made it back to the car, my tire had lost all air and was completely flat! I guess it was a good thing that I was huffin and puffin because I would have had to walk back if we had kept going much longer.

Little ones, comfy cosy. 

Two hungry children, one flat tire, one strong, handsome Daddy, and one very tired, aching, sore, and winded pregnant mama later! It was a success. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday. I miss Wegmans it was one of my favorite stores and Chet is super jealous you got passion fruit (a favorite from his mission that we can't seem to find anywhere). Miss you friend, glad to see your doing well!

    ReplyDelete