Well these are some of the cutest faces I will ever encounter! Easter time is such a great time of the year. I think I may even like it as much as Christmas (possibly even more!). It's more of an easy going holiday with less stress and it carries such a message with it; the celebration of the
purpose of Jesus Christ's life, not just his birth into this world. It's a celebration of the whole plan of happiness! I love the breaking of winter, the fresh air, the colors that slowly come seeping out, I even love the candy, and coloring Easter eggs. I love the smaller get togethers and spring decorations. It certainly is a celebration of life, and I love that.
This year was especially fun because I got to share my birthday with Easter weekend! We were able to go to the Gelvin's house for dinner. It was delicious and lots of fun. It was a disappointment that Mom and Dad were not able to come because of sickness. Mom has had the flu for so long and was just too worried about infecting more people by attending, and of course Dad wouldn't go without her, so they stayed here and had their Easter dinner together. Nicolette and Ryan had hid a bunch of eggs downstairs for the kids and so we fed them some dinner and then sent them downstairs for the hunt and a movie while all the adults got to have a more relaxed nice dinner together. It was wise and worked out really well. The kids all got along just fine and loved the idea of eating candy while watching a movie.
Chris and I hid the eggs outside in the yard a couple of times for Lydia (and Miles). Lydia loved it this year and I enjoyed watching her walk around in her cute little dress and hat with her basket and witnessing her smiles and giggles as she reached, jumped, and searched for her treasures.
These photos are not in any order....
 |
| Easter Morning. Lydia was quite excited for the bubble sword. |
 |
| They were both very excited and happy. Miles knew something was happening and he loved partaking of whatever candy Lydia managed to slip to him. |
 |
| Our best family picture we could get Easter Sunday. |
 |
| Two cuties. |
 |
| Miles needed lots of help, but it was fun just the same. |
 |
| ReAcH Munch! |
 |
| We got gold glaze egg die this year. |
 |
| He loved to just open all of the eggs. That kept him entertained for quite some time. |
 |
| Love this one. She looks like she stepped out of a storybook. |
 |
| I think she looks like little Fiefel Mousecowitch from American Tale. |
 |
| All the little ones after finding their eggs. They are enjoying a movie and their treats now. (evidence on William's face..) |
 |
| colored version of picture above. I just love it that much... |
 |
| I was having just as much fun as her on this wet spring day. |
 |
| Her favorite part....finding ones that actually had something in them. |
 |
| Such a pretty face. Where's that next egg...? |
 |
| Just cute. |
 |
| hmmmm... how many I got in here..? |
 |
| Helpin my little boy join in the fun. |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| "I found one!" Good try Lydia! |
 |
| Ready to come in with a basket full of eggs. |
 |
| Just found an egg with candy inside! Oh goodie. |
Darling pictures! Lydia is growing into such a pretty girl, and I also love that one you took of her. I agree with you on Easter, glad you guys had a good one.
ReplyDelete