Friday, January 6, 2017
When you Ride your bike into a Canal
We were all out playing, it was beautiful evening so I actually took my dinner outside since the kids always get done eating so long before I do. As I was sitting at the picnic table chatting with one of my neighbors, I heard Faith start crying pretty terrifyingly! I jumped up and ran over to where she had been playing (the grassy area across the way, near the canal..) I wasn't expecting to find what I did...she was still on her bike, leaning over the handlebars, one foot in the water, and hands trying hard to hold her up, front wheel stuck between two rocks in the canal and back wheel with training wheels up in the air. She couldn't hold this position long, and although I was trying to hurry over to help her, she ended up falling into the water. She was completely fine, but just shaken up. I had no idea she had taken her bike over there and I guess she got riding a little too fast a little too near the canal. Once she started down the slope leading to it, she couldn't think of how to stop! She learned to be much more cautious near that water....like I drill into them every day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment