I keep waiting to post this, thinking that I will get some good "four year old pictures" of Miles. I will still try, but he is not 4 and one month, so hopefully before the end of the month I'll have some pictures of him....(otherwise I might as well wait until FIVE! sheesh)
The Hot Springs was just perfect for a family birthday celebration! We started in the warm pool with the kids. They didn't last very long! (I thought that would be their favorite because they despise swimming in cold water...) The mineral water had a salty taste which the kids had no liking for! Therefore, they preferred the cool (non mineral) pool. Chris was a gem and threw the kids around and made like a boat and dragged them around while I got to snap some pictures and soak some sun.
| My heart! |
Told me he wanted a cake with a horse and a bull on it...! I did my best.
My Miles at Four:
He is a sweet and tender boy. He often compliments me (and his sisters) on hair and clothes. He actually really likes "picking out" the girls clothes every morning for day and night with their pajamas. He constantly is trying to put flowers in mine or the girls' hair.
He loves Avengers and all things Super Hero.
Loves his toys! I could watch him play with his toys all day long. It is adorable. Most things have names now and he drags handfuls of toys every where he goes. It's funny that he doesn't really have a one favorite toy either. He really LOVES and PLAYS with all of them, ALL the time! It'll be super heros and horses, or airplanes and dinosaurs, or knights and princesses, or cougars and panthers vs. super heros and cows....?, etc.
He still loves animals. He remembers little facts about them and likes to pick out at least one informational animal book at the library every time.
Gradually getting ready for sports! Loves playing catch and SOCCER! He will be starting a little soccer program this summer I think.
He has excelled very well in gymnastics and loves throwing in tumbling into his dancing.
He loves music and dancing!
He does his own hair most mornings. And his new "style" that he thinks looks awesome is gym shorts with a shirt, but the shirt is always tucked in! hahaha and he enjoys mismatching his socks and some times shoes even these days...? On purpose. Silly boy.
He is the first to offer me help when I need it. The first to obey when I request something. The first to thank me for a meal. And the first to fall asleep EVERY NIGHT!
He is quick to forgive and quick to say sorry.
I love his work ethic and his sense of responsibility. When he wants something, he is always willing to work for it.
He's beginning to put letter sounds together to read words.
He loves saying his prayers and he told me yesterday that he is excited to be a missionary when he grows up! (I have talked with him very minimal about that subject so it was surprising to me when he said that. Surprised, but so pleased. )
I love hearing him sing and his favorite song that he always requests is (church) I love to See the Temple, and (dancing/play) Shut Up and Dance With Me.
He has the cutest giggle, the very best cuddles, the sweetest kisses, and a pretty mean jab. He loves his family, the colors blue, green, and gray, he is an excellent colorer. And he recently decided he loves tomatoes. His favorite cookies are no-bake and he loves egg salad sandwiches and CHIPS.
| After swimming. I think Miles was trying to get out of the picture....? |
Tough Guy at the doctor's today. He had to get one shot to apply for Preschool, but he would need two more for kindergarten next year, so we decided to just knock them all out so he won't have to do it again. So now he is all set for kindergarten too! He was so good too! He didn't really cry, he just tensed up and muttered a somewhat angry "Ow! Ow! Ow!" a few times.
No comments:
Post a Comment