Saturday, February 6, 2016
Living the Dream
As I sit here on the family room floor folding laundry, the girls are upstairs dancing to music and getting dressed for this Saturday of being together. The boys, Chris and Miles are in the bathroom doing haircuts. Moments like these make me feel like I am certainly living the dream I always thought I would. Lydia comes downstairs because she is getting bored and Faith pulls on her arm to come join her upstairs again. Lydia gives in and trudges upstairs behind her little sister. I smile as I watch them, thinking of the days that I played with my sisters. Faith then rushes back downstairs and looks around, she's on a very important mission in the pursuit of something particular. She spots, "Ah." she utters as she pulls a teddy bear that she has recently become very fond of out from under a blanket behind me. Then she rushes back upstairs, but before she gets to far, I catch her and give her a little squeeze. I ask her for a kiss and her precious lips touch my cheek. Then, before she runs away, she touches her bears lips to my cheek too. How much love I feel! These days are beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment