Lydia Carol
6 years
February14 (picture taken on Feb. 12), 2015
My girl, my little pal, my little Munch is now Six Years Old! She is just SO FULL OF LIFE I don't know how to handle it sometimes!
Lydia is the most thoughtful person I know. She is kind and full of love and emotion. She has no regard for fads and fashion, only people. Lydia has a gift with speaking to people in a way that restores and/or strengthens others' confidence and brings in light. She is bright and talented. She is reading so well and her favorite thing to do at school is write. Her teacher often speaks of how well Lydia writes. And it is true! She may not spell words completely correctly, but I can always read what she is trying to say because it is always spelt phonically correct! She has also developed her abilities with music especially on the piano. She plays every day, usually entirely on her own, for at least 30 minutes! She makes up songs, sounds out familiar songs, and practices ones that I have taught her. She is really very good. One of my favorite things to do is listen to her play. She has been practicing her handstands and can get almost all the way upright now! She is beginning to test her abilities to ride her bike without hands. She is very creative and has recently entertained herself with "inventions". This has brought me back to my days as a child and the desire I had to create something so functional and neat. Lydia has created a magic wand for me that will design a swimming suit for me, a car out of her bed and she drew and hung road signs up all over her room, and many intricate "towers", playgrounds, and "malls" out of blocks.
I didn't even realize it but she received several "barbie" things for her birthday; an Ariel Barbie (Taylor Hamilton), a Barbie pet horse (Danika Davis), a Barbie helmet (Mom and Dad), and some Barbie movies (Miles and Faith). Just to show how clueless Lydia is to fads and fashion and how much she cares she said to me, "I just got a lot of barbie stuff. Why did I get so much of barbie stuff?" Then I realized it and thought how she really doesn't care for that kind of stuff. Her favorite gift was a scratch art set from Shaylie Port. I can't wait for her soccer season to start though (a gift from Grandma Stoker). Grandma gave Lydia the choice of having a Princess Magazine or playing soccer and Lydia chose soccer (yay!). She has even been practicing dribbling and stuff around the house, with a small squishy ball of course.
| I ended up having to rush big time on the cake decorating....I really wish I could have taken some more time on this, but it turned out all right... |
I blocked off all the windows and turned the lights off (at 10:30 a.m.) for a glow in the dark dance party. It turned out pretty good and I think the kids all had a good time.
The girls dancing with their glow sticks.
I have never made a cake like this before and it was really fun. They all thought it was pretty cool when I cut into and revealed the rainbow colors.
| These glow masks were a big hit! They loved them! I guess it made them feel like zombies because shortly after putting them on, they all started pretending to be zombies. |
| Follow the Birthday Girl. |
| Look at that cute little face behind that! |



No comments:
Post a Comment