Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summer Faces

Lydia is just vibrant! She is ready for kindergarten and is excited for our move to Utah. She says she is nervous about making friends, but I know she will be just fine! She bore her testimony for the first time this month and it was beautiful. She walked all the way up to the stairs all by herself, just in time for the bishopric member to stand and end the testimony meeting...I was so sad for her. She worked up so much courage. The bishop came and spoke to her after the meeting and arranged for her to bear her testimony in primary. My Mom and Dad were there and so they got to see her as she stood and clearly said, "I know the church is true. I know that my class helps me to learn. In the name of Jesus Christ amen." It was perfect. She was so pleased with herself and I could see the glow bursting through her eyes! She is such a vivacious little thing, always wanting to party, dance to loud music, watch movies and eat treats, ride her bike outside (and learn all sorts of tricks on it, right now she can ride with one hand), do twirls and canon balls into the pool, and help mom.

Miles is learning to speak so well! Some of my favorites are:
"You dough det it."
"I did it!"
"Mommy! I wake!" (after nap or in the morning when I might be downstairs)
"Sing. Sing." (I love that he asks me to sing to him every night, and I love his little lisp.)
"Turn green please." (to every red light.)

I love his 'video game character' run. His tight hugs and his baby talk when he plays with Faith.

Faith will not keep a headband on for two minutes and either runs (crawls/scoots) away or sits up and kicks he feet as if she were running away, when she knows she's put something in her mouth that is not supposed to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment