Saturday, February 22, 2014

Children, Children.

 I just adored this scene! This kind of thing is actually pretty seldom, so I had to snap a picture. Lydia was being so very cute "reading" this story to her brother and sister. And they were actually listening and cooperating! LOVED it. Harmony!

 Lydia enjoys her gift from Santa! She is becoming quite the little artist! It's so hard because I want to keep EVERYTHING she does because she is so creative and does SO well for a four year old!! That and she gets DEVASTATED when she finds that I have thrown something away. :) It's cute, but I just have stacks of her cute little colorings and drawings.

 This was so fun! I swear Faith would probably just stay a little baby and not progress if it weren't for Lydia! (not really, but just saying) Lydia does things with her that I would have just said, nah, she's still too little to enjoy that. Things like galloping around, riding the train, and sitting up, etc. :) (This is also why I get so nervous about Lydia being alone in the same room as Faith when I'm working in the house throughout the day...she just doesn't think about the dangers of things at all!)

 Miles climbs out of his crib now. Enough said about that.

 Every kid tries this at some point, and it never gets old and is always so cute!!

 A picture in her Dublin shirt from Aunt Nic and Uncle Ryan before I pack it up because it's too small!

 Oh lovely.

 Big snow storm! It almost covered the bushes out front!

 Cold snow days.

 The cute mittens that we made! I've enjoyed seeing these in my window. It took some GREAT convincing for the kids to make these with me, however! It ended up me just making most of them and forcing their hand in making the others. :) I've enjoyed looking at them none the less!

 The other day Lydia was playing so well in her room while I was down stairs with Miles. I came up to see what she was up to and she had made herself a little work station! She was pretending to have school and this was her computer. When I came up she was standing next to it motioning for each "child" to come and take their turn on the computer. After the child's turn was over she motioned for them to come over to her where she would hand them a popsicle stick with one of her flower clips clipped on the end and that was their "lollipop!" It was so clever and so cute! I did not help her one little bit with this computer either! I was so impressed. She is not even five yet!!

Such a bright little thing. I just love it when she motivates herself to play so well and not just crazy hyper all over the place (like she is known to do as well.) I love her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment