Sunday, May 26, 2013

Family Day on the Farm

Lydia has been trying very hard to stop sucking her thumb. I created a sticker chart for her and if she earned a sticker ever day that week (went to bed without sucking her thumb), we would do something fun as a family on Saturday. This week Lydia wanted to go to the farm. She did it! So far we have gone swimming twice, went to the farm, and went on a bike ride. I do believe she has just about nicked the habbit! She never sucks it going to bed any more and only does every now and then in the morning when she is still sleeping. We are so proud of her!


Petting the cute little calf.


Lydia is just SO friendly, sometimes I worry. She insisted this little girl come sit on the tractor with her...

The playground at the farm. Miles went on the slides, but I wouldn't say he enjoyed them. He loves the little ones, but these bigger ones are not his idea of fun.

The OLD OLD carousel at the Farm. Lydia had the time of her life: "Yee Haw!" Miles was not so sure about the whole thing: "What is that rumbling noise in there?"

The ONLY one I managed to catch of Miles not staring down the motor.

I think that is a smile on Miles's face! :)

Lydia thought the little piglets were so cute.

And then there was this ugly mother....pretty sure this was one of the ugliest pigs I have ever seen! Sorry old girl.

She was a little nervous at first, but eventually loved it.




Getting their tractor driving practice in.

Miles giving the little sheep a good pet (a.k.a. a grab on his nose..)

It was a great day on the farm! Thanks Lydia.

No comments:

Post a Comment