Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mt. Vernon for Presidents' Day

I ventured out and took Lydia and Miles to Mount Vernon on George Washington's birthday (President's Day). There were tons of people and we didn't even make into the house itself, but it was fun and Lydia enjoyed walking through the little museum there and around the grounds of the estate. She began to lose it just as we were leaving....over wanting more snacks (seems as though this causes the most stress in her life right now...she is obsessed with treats and snacks...) Any way, I spoke with her about being a good girl until we got to the car, and honestly, not even three seconds later I peeked down at her in the stroller and she was out cold!


Holdin hands with 'ol George.




George's granddaughter. Lydia figured they should be instant friends.

The stage that entertained Lydia for several minutes. They made some reenactment speeches here just before this picture.

Miles just wanted to crawl to the edges...


Trying to throw a handful of rocks in the air after I already scolded her not to (with Mt. Vernon in the back ground...)

Had had enough....
I enjoyed the drive there and back and the fresh air we got to enjoy together. It was a little colder than I would have hoped, but it was warm enough... It was a fun little field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment