"I just loved the smell in the air." This is what Lydia told me amidst sobbing as we changed her clothes. We were already running late and I was trying to get the kids in the car. I just got Miles buckled in and Lydia ran around the car and into the neighbor's back yard, arms spread and singing at the top of her lungs like she does. My dad had carried Miles out for me because it was raining and he was helping me. We both saw it coming and shouted, "Lydia! Lydia Lydia!.....Awe...." as her feet met the swampy mess and slipped right out from under her little body and she fell smack onto her bum. She felt terrible and cold as we changed her clothes, and how could I get angry when she told me she "just loved the smell in the air..." haha She is my daughter for sure.


No comments:
Post a Comment