Monday, August 29, 2016

Summer Trip to Grandma and Grandpa's Farm

In Grandma and Grandpa's Front Yard

We all love Grandma and Grandpa's swing. 

These newly born baby birds were absolutely precious to watch. 

Just swingin with Aunt Marcella. 
Boys' Hangout
Me: "Look cool boys..." :) This is what I got! Such a difference of personalities!
They loved making up super hero action scenes on the stationary four wheeler. 

Doll Play
Natalie let Faith hold her big girl doll and Faith LOVED her. 

Natalie was so generous to share her beautiful doll with Faith. 


Four Wheeler Rides






Grandma's Toys


Tubing Salmon River
The story will never be forgotten when the chain of Stokers got wrapped around a bridge pillar while tubing down the river tied together....hahaha! Glad we all survived the wrapping, the getting out, the waiting for rescue, the rest of the float down, the bloody toe, and the walking bare foot on stickers and sharp hay, and the swarm of mosquitoes at the very end!

Games at the Park
Miles and Kaleb loved playing "BeachBall" together. 


Becky was the first to get a Ringer!

This momento was so sincerely given to me from my four year old Miles. As we were all heading back to the car and I had called him a couple of times, I watched as Miles searched intently through the grass for something. I though he must be inspecting a bug or something, until he finally found what he had been searching for, popped up and walked toward me with his hands hiding something behind his back. When he got close to me, he beamed and  revealed the treasure he had collected for me, which was this tiny yellow flower. Few things have ever been, nor ever will be as precious as that moment. 
Horseback Riding
Faith was a little uncertain of these large animals, Sunny and Banana. 

Lydia is rarely timid. 

Miles is a natural with Horses. 


Such a beautiful scene! 

My litte Buddy, loving every second up there. 

Miles even let Lexie's little boy hop up on the back with him on the way down. 

Esther even saddled up. 


Faith wasn't so brave....

Snacking while waiting for others to ride. 

Goin for a ride with my little Cowboy.

I love this beautiful scene. Pretty girls on a ranch. 


Lexie was so nice to share her life with us and let us enjoy her everyday. 

Last ride back to the stables. These girls didn't want it to end! 

Farm Animals
One moment when we were all gathered around chatting, I noticed Lydia was over by herself having her own chat with the horses. It was so sweet and beautiful, I loved snapping these shots.




Then everyone noticed her and wanted to join in the conversation....


Games at Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Larry's
Miles and Chris had a pretty intense game of lawn darts. Miles loved it. 

The girls adoring Mario...who then snapped at them...but that didn't stop them from loving him again!

Croquet. Played it for the first time...and I pretty much swamped everyone! 

See! She's at it again...a little more cautiously mind you...

ice cream faces at Grandma's...it's a favorite pasttime. 
I love these giggle faces eating ice cream together! 
Farmer's Market/Shopping Main Street/Run Salmon River Loop
Supporting the cute little face painting stand set up at the farmer's market by two young girls (about Natlie's age, 9 or 10). 

It's a landmark...

Fishing
This was gorgeous to capture, even if they never caught anything....


Love this one of my dad, over in his little corner of the pond. 

I just loved watching this. I really don't like fishing, but there really is something calming about being out alone and quiet waiting for nature to come to you. 

These birds with red stripes on their wings flew in and out of the grasses. They were so pretty. I guess it's a new goal of mine to research what kind of bird that is....
Road Trippin with Children...
Just taking a bathroom/snack break in Idaho Falls. 

This truly was an excellent and memorable trip. My kids loved getting to know the Rich kids better and spending time at Grandma and Grandpa's farm. I loved being able to play games in the evening with the adults and one night, we even got Garrett and Hannah to join the grown ups! They're getting so big! :) We laughed and laughed until we cried playing The Game of Things and Guesstures and Five Guys. We enjoyed naps and sleeping in a few days as well as early morning sunshine and cool sunsets. Hannah made dessert for everyone one night, and the kids also loved coloring together.

No comments:

Post a Comment