Friday, October 9, 2015

Grandma Betty Lorraine Stoker

Grandma Betty is well remembered! 
Kind of weird to take a photo behind a casket, but we all loved Grandma so much and we are happy for her to have regained a life that she had all but lost in the world. It was wonderful to reunite with family! Thank you, Grandma for bringing us all back together. 

We attended the viewing on Friday evening while our children stayed with the Masners. It was nice to have some time to ourselves. We spent the night with my family at Bryce and Carolee's house. We were housed out in their trailer and it was mighty comfy cozy! I slept wonderfully! We rose the next morning and got ready for Grandma's funeral. It was a beautiful service. The sons and grandsons sang I Need Thee Every Hour (if I remember right....) and the daughters and granddaughters sang Grandma and Grandpa's wedding song "I'll be Seeing You". All of the great grandchildren sang 'I Am a Child of God'. That was very sweet. I went up with Faith and she just ran back and forth stopping on each end to face us (who were singing) and scowl at us with a terribly goofy and exaggerated huff!                                                                            


It was neat to see all of the grown boy grandsons carry her to her grave sight. These cousins have always been so good and we have all got along so well through the years, they are all honorable me and it was neat to see them courageous and strong and bearing the weight of their grandmother.
These next photos are just about entirely washed out. I had my exposure to high....bummer, but I included them because you can still kind of see Nicolette and myself placing pink carnations on Grandma's casket. Each of the Granddaughters took a turn placing a flower over her. It was neat. 



Photos at the place of Grandma and Grandpa's final rest.
Grandsons

Granddaughters

Grandma's sisters; Bonnie and Georgia



Grandma's children and their spouses. 
I just had to include this one because it makes me laugh! Can you see why??

Grandma's children.

Quinn, Ella, and Danika

The best we could get of all the Great-Grandkids 


The whole Group



Luncheon Afterward
These ladies and Gent are the best ever!! Such a lucky person I am to have grown up with these guys!

Don't know what I'd do without my sisters.

Jenny's knee was still bothering her from the kickball game at Zoey's baptism the week before. The kids sure had a ball pushing her around though.


No comments:

Post a Comment