I will have to admit that I struggle with Mother's Day. I was so excited at the thought that I may get a break from everything! It didn't take long for me to be reminded that there are things about being a mom that are simply unescapable. I came to understand that Mother's Day wasn't a day for me to escape motherhood, it is a day to celebrate it. I had a beautiful day! I am so grateful for my beautiful little darlings and for the extra love that I felt from them this day.
Getting ready for church was first on the menu for the day. It was followed by a gorgeous drive into the canyon. Chris packed a little picnic that we ended up eating in the car (the wind was too strong and cold to stay outside). When we made it to the church, Miles and Faith had both fallen asleep. Chris stayed out in the car with them, while I went in with Lydia. I enjoyed as she (and the rest of the Primary) sang to me (and all the other moms...) We then drove down to Kaysville to spend the afternoon and evening with the Masners. We had a delicious dinner of breakfast foods, seriously my favorite!! Actually, I think I'm going to make that for dinner tomorrow!
Lydia and Ethan pulled out these little stilts and gave them a try. It was cute.
Kate is such a cute girl, quickly growing into such a kind young woman. I enjoyed watching this scene take place through the family room window.
| She walked her around the backyard and pointed out different flowers and things. Faith was amused! |
| I just love this one. Such cute interaction. |
| Kate has no little sisters...but she is so so sweet with my little girls and they both adore her. |
| My, am I one lucky Momma! These girls are certainly the cutest little bugs I have ever seen! :) |
| Add caption |
And this little ball of handsome adds a special twinkle in my eye!!
No comments:
Post a Comment