Sunday, March 22, 2015

February 2015: Sweet Children

Sometimes it's hard to remember that I am actually in my upper 20's! And other times I feel as though I'm really 55! About a month ago was one of those times when I felt much older. My back somehow incurred a terrible muscle spasm or something. I could hardly move! It was awful. Nothing seemed to help; heat, ice, rest, stretching, ibuprofen, a warm bath was soothing but didn't help much either. It lasted for almost an entire week. One afternoon while I was laying Miles and Faith down for a nap, Lydia created this banner for me and hung it up in my room. Lydia usually gets some free time when I lay them down because sometimes I take advantage of the time to lay down with Miles and take a little nap myself, this was one of those afternoons. I came down to this surprise. She is such a very sweet little girl and I am so glad she is mine! 




This Christmas was made extra special with this little girls' thoughtfulness. She wanted so badly to deliver these little slips of paper to friends and neighbors. I was worried about it being an embarrassing endeavor. She was so set on it. It broke my heart to see her heart SO full of pure desire to bring others happiness. I finally thought of a happy solution and I wrote the story down and convinced her to make these strips of paper into ornaments. It turned out to be a very touching experience and I am so glad that I didn't refuse her want to bring light into others' lives. She teaches me new things every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment