Thursday, March 19, 2015
February 2015: Lydia's Birthday at Grandma's
Lydia Magoo is 6!
This little gal is the most thoughtful little thing I have ever known. She has more thought in her little 6 year old heart than water in the ocean it seems like. She can sense when I'm having a bad day and truly does all she can to just help. Lydia is a great friend and shows unconditional love toward everyone. I have always been impressed with her ability to engage with elderly and those who may have disabilities. She has never really shown any sign of fear or impoliteness toward people who are different than herself. Lydia has such a desire to do what is right, I often have to remind her that it's ok to make mistakes. For example; the other day, it was pretty chilly outside and she wanted to help Chris in the backyard while he was building the treehouse. I told her that she could go help and then when it was time to come in, I'd make her some hot chocolate. She came in and I made her a big cup of hot chocolate. She was THRILLED. Then she bumped the cup and some of the hot chocolate spilled out. She was SO upset and barely held back the tears as I went to get a towel and to find her a lid and a straw. While I was searching for her lid and straw, she was dancing around in her chair and bumped her hot chocolate AGAIN. This time spilling just about the entire cup ALL over the counter! She lost it! She could not contain her grief. "OH MY GOSH!" she exasperated! "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?" I tried to tell her it was ok. I could just clean it up. "DON'T EVER GIVE ME HOT CHOCOLATE EVER AGAIN. I'LL JUST SPILL IT!" she insisted. She has such high expectations for herself and everything around her, that I have a hard time teaching her that most things are not going to be what we expected.....and that's ok!
My Lydia girl is reading spectacularly, draws wonderful detailed pictures, is a natural with math, plays the piano phenomenally, is accepting, strong, loud, and beautiful! I love you Munch!
Lydia had a somewhat difficult time accepting that her birthday was going to be spent somewhere other than home. Grandma made this yummy cake for her though, and we had a great visit in Salmon.
I forgot her birthday present at home still up hidden in our closet, so we stopped by Walmart and we got her a little DVD set with two Barbie stories (Three Musketeers and Rapunzel). I thought she'd really like them, and she did, but just not A LOT. In fact, it was funny what she said to me when we gave her her Barbie Helmet (the present I left at home) when we got home; "I just got so many Barbie things for my birthday. Why?" As if to say, I have no interest in Barbies! :) I guess I just kind of assumed that she was 6 now and Barbies would probably be appealing to her....guess I might have been wrong. She enjoys them all, however. She's just not super into fads like some kids and I think that's cool. I LOVE this adorable little stinker bug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment