Friday, February 6, 2015

18 Months Fly


 My gorgeous little Faith
18 months January 24, 2015

Only one I could get of her cute little smile. She will not flash me one of these very often when I have the camera out, but it sure is beautiful! 


One of her favorite toys (possibly her most favorite) is balls. 

Recently discovered climbing. I set the food on the table turned around to get the plates and when I turned back this is what I found! Little stinker! Now I know she loves grapefruit! 


Faith has reached 18 months! I wanted to record some of my favorites of her right now.

She finally started saying "momma" and it was the most endearing thing too. It wasn't just "momma" it was this sweet, loving, "mmmo...mma." She said it like that for quite some time and oh how it melted my heart! She has now converted to a "mommy, mommy, mommy." which is cute, but I miss her first sweet "mmmo...mmma"

She actually says a lot of words now: Peas (please), ya (this is her signature, ask her if she wants something and it's always a soft little, almost whispered, "ya"), up, dOW (down), I-yo (Miles), Ee-ya (Lydia), choos (shoes), baby, Ow, TOE (cold)

When I sing her her lullaby at night, she sings with me! I don't remember either Miles or Lydia doing that and I think it is precious! I always sing Kindle Your Heart and she sings the "hearts" with me.

She requires solitude to do her dirty business. :) She hides in closets, behind doors, behind the shower curtain, in cupboards, etc., when she needs to poop. And she DOES NOT like being interrupted! Like with my other children I have tried to guide her to the toilet when I notice she needs to go, but she absolutely refuses! She pushes me away and/or hides her face if I get near her during her "personal time".  She likes to finish her business without being disturbed.

She is, by far, one of the toughest little ladies around! She hardly cries from being hurt, it's usually from being scolded, teased by her siblings, or hungry or something that brings on the tears. When she really gets hurt, it's not really shown through tears, she just wants assurance that it's ok, like a hug and she's good.

She is mischievous! Knows what she is not supposed to do and does it any way to see the reaction she can create! This is NOT one of my favorites of Faith right now, but it is so HER that I could not leave it off of this 18 month update.

She INSISTS on drinking the bath water, dumping the toy basket out COMPLETELY, emptying the book shelf, playing in the toilet, biting the tips off of markers and crayons, drawing on...anything, playing with the toilet scrubber EVERY time she spies the chance, removing her shoes AND socks EVERY time we get in the car, throwing her food on the floor and then insist on being done only to go straight to scarfing all that food up the second I put her down,

Starting to sing songs: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Eency- Weency Spider, Once There was a Snowman, If You're Happy and you Know it, Ring Around the Rosie

LLLLOVE her cute little pucker when she gives kisses! and the way she stomps her feet or bounces up and down when she gets excited.

She dances immediately upon hearing a good beat.

She is just so so funny! She's almost like a spunky, fun-loving little teenager in a one year old's body.

I love love love my Faith girl and it is already so fun to watch her grow! I am so lucky to be her mom so that I can continue to watch her grow for years!


No comments:

Post a Comment