There is this book that my children didn't really ever enjoy, but I always thought it was quite clever (and I thought the contrasting pictures might be stimulating for a baby...?) Recently, they have taken a liking to this book. Lydia prides herself on being able to "read" certain books (of course, she can only "read" them after she has begged me to read it to her several times a day, for several days....) Sometimes It Looks Like Spilt Milk is one of these books. The book goes through several pictures of objects that this mysterious white blob looks like and at the end you discover that it is just a cloud in the sky. Lydia loves it because she can "read" it and Miles will listen to any story right now even if it is "read" by Lydia. So I will just sit back and admire, smile, and be filled with love as I watch my little ones grow and learn and enjoy things, even when they look like spilt milk.
Sometimes things do look like spilt milk. Life is not always what we think it is going to be, but spilt milk or not, we can be optimistic and that just might make ALL the difference!
The end. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment