Wow! Do I have beautiful children! I just adore this new photo of my sweet little "blossoms". Our day did NOT go as planned. We went to the temple that morning for the Accokeek Primary Activity. That went really well, besides the fact that there were only three families outside of the Presidency that were there! :) It was small, but still great. Chris and I thought we'd take the kids to the zoo while we were already all the way up there....that was until we got to the zoo and all the parking lots were CLOSED because they were full. And we could find NO parking any where else along streets or lots....so we went down town to walk around the cherry blossoms. After driving around for quite some time, we finally found a two hour parking spot, parked and just started walking in the direction of the basin by the Thomas Jefferson Monument. We were just short of actually making it there when we had to turn around and walk back in order to make our two hour time limit! BUMMER! hahah, but we knew before we left the car, it was going to be a big gamble, taking children and crowds into consideration. We did not anticipate the kinds of crowds that were there, though! My word is that place popular during Spring/Cherry Blossoms! We had a nice walk with our little beauties and called it a day. And by nice, I mean not losing my wandering 5 year old, not tipping over or running anyone over with our stroller, successfully keeping a tired/hungry two year old satisfied and busy, all while being smashed from all sides by hungry, stinky, eager, and sometimes crazy, literally, people....and the sun was shining too! :) ...so, it was nice. I was able to get some cute pictures just before turning back to the car.
This warms my heart! He really is such a great Daddy! He was born to be a DAD! I am so lucky I got him for my kids!
And we stopped for ice cream...makes everyone smile! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment