Thursday, February 28, 2013

Natural History Museum

 I have been trying to get out and take Lydia to as many museums as we can since we don't know how long we'll be here or what....
This was our second trip to the Natural History Museum because we didn't get to see everything the first time. It was fun to spend this time with Gabriel and William and Aunt Nic too! It worked out perfectly! The first time I went we drove around forever trying to find a parking spot and ended up only having an hour at the museum, I forgot Miles's pacifier, the camera, the baby carrier, etc. so it wasn't so pleasant. This time we found a parking spot that was pretty good walking distance and was free. The timing ended up perfect. The kids were done just as our parking spot limit ended. I packed a lunch for us and we got to sit and eat it in the warmth of the cafe inside the museum just before we left. And just as we were leaving, Miles fell asleep and slept the whole way home. It really was a very successful trip and I had a lot of fun! 

They really liked the live insect zoo, the skeletons of the animals section, and all the places that they were allowed to "touch" things. :) They got a kick out of the porcupine too.



Miles is getting big enough for Lydia finally, and they are becoming great buddies!

Add caption

She liked doing an impression of this dinosaur's face. Except this isn't that impression....haha, this is just silly girl Lydia.

Miles drifting....Lydia too. She also fell asleep on the way home.



 Got her energy back for the walk back to the car. She makes me smile. On the walk to the Museum from the car, she made a little friend (just like she seems to every where we go). They ran and walked together, picked up rocks together and shared some smiles and giggles. Then we parted ways. Lydia has been blessed with a very confident and social nature that I hope she can develop well as she grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment